Last Updated: July 25, 2023
For California residents, please see the “Your California Privacy Rights” section.
For those located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, please also see the “Additional Disclosures for Individuals in Europe” section.
Collection of Information
Use of Information
Sharing of Information
Advertising and Analytics
Transfer of Information to the United Kingdom and Other Countries
Additional Disclosures for Individuals in Europe
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information provided directly to us. For example, when you create an account, participate in a meeting, use another product or service that integrates our Services, communicate through our text chat feature, use our calendar integration or email invitation feature, provide feedback, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, request customer support, explicitly opt into our collection of specific data from you, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, account login information for our accounts and accounts on video conferencing platforms, profile photo, your image and/or voice, social media profile ID, user presentations, text chat communications, feedback on our Services, hashed payment card value, and other payment-related information like your billing address, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically During Interactions with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise interact with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Services, such as visual and audio files that include users’ video input and output and users’ audio input and output.
Meeting Information: Certain features and integrations of our Services will collect meeting details, including the names and email addresses of invitees and participants, the meeting subject and description, meeting location, and any included meeting access details, like the meeting ID. We notify users in the video conference that the meeting is being measured and data is being collected, and we provide details on why, along with an opt-out option. We provide notice giving meeting attendees an opportunity to opt out of the collection of meeting information.
Transactional Information: When you purchase our Services, we collect information about the transaction, such as Service details, purchase price, and the date of the transaction.
Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, and hashed email address, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services. If you download any of our mobile apps, we may access information you have stored on your mobile device operating system. For example, with your permission, we may access photos or videos from your mobile device or calendar information from your mobile device’s calendar.
Approximate Location Information: We collect your approximate location information from calendar invitations as well as from your IP address, as described below.
Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those who perform work for us) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the “Your Choices” section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect personal information from the video conferencing platforms you use, from third-party data brokers who provide us with audio and visual data sets, or from other users, such as when they refer our Services to you. We may also collect personal information from third parties who use our Services to provide their own products and services or that integrate our Services into their products and services, such as those that integrate our Services into the social media filters they offer.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. Examples of information we may derive or infer include the following:
– We use audio and visual information to score users’ affect and behavior during meetings and to produce analytics, like users’ individual talk times.
– We also use audio and visual information, as well as other information like language, to infer certain demographic characteristics about users, which we use to improve our models and increase the accuracy of their output. We also infer users’ role during a meeting, such as the client or team manager.
– We use users’ names and email addresses to identify them during meetings and to infer company affiliation, which enables us to compile metrics on each company’s participation during a meeting.
– We use meeting scheduling information to infer characteristics of a scheduled meeting, such as identifying its type or purpose; and
– We use IP addresses to infer users’ approximate location.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to analyze users’ participation during meetings, including analyzing and scoring user sentiment and engagement. We also use the information we collect to:
– Recoginising and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services and generate reports with our analysis, including real-time reports and alerts;
– Make inferences and derive information about users and their organizations, including for purposes of compiling metrics about an organization’s or user’s participation in a meeting, as described above in Information We Derive;
– Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including maintaining user accounts with us and using information to train and improve our models within our Services;
– Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, customer experience surveys, and recall notices;
– Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
– Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by SnapFeedback and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the “Your Choices” section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
– Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the “Advertising and Analytics” section below);
– Personalize your experience with us, including by tracking your preferences on our Services;
– Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
– Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
– Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of SnapFeedback and others;
– Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
– Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share information we collect about you in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
– We share information with other users, including sharing real-time reporting and analytics with other meeting participants, as well as additional reporting after the meeting.
– We share information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that access information to perform work for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, data storage, data analytics, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising. We may also allow users within an organization to access user data.
– If you provide a review, testimonial, or feedback about our Services, or post content in another public area of our Services, we may share this information publicly.
– We may disclose information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
– We may share information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of SnapFeedback, our users, the public, or others.
– We share information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
– We may share information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
– We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
– We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
SnapFeedback does not sell your personal information for money. However, like many other companies, we do use third-party cookies and related technologies to provide you with ads targeted to your interests, and this may be deemed a “sale” under applicable laws. You have the right to opt-out of sharing your information for targeted advertising. To exercise this right, please click on the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link provided in our Services.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED KINGDOM AND OTHER COUNTRIES
SnapFeedback is based in the United Kingdom, and we may process your information in other jurisdictions. Therefore, we, and those that perform work for us, may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We provide adequate safeguards for the transfer of information in accordance with applicable law, such as by obtaining your consent, relying on the adequacy decisions from relevant regulatory bodies, or executing Standard Contractual Clauses. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses we use to facilitate the transfer of information outside the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
During a meeting, you can remove SnapFeedback from the meeting by typing “opt out” into the meeting chat, and you can remove the SnapFeedback bot from the meeting in the same way you would remove any other meeting participant from the meeting.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account or emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete your account, review the “How to Delete My Account” instruction or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your account information, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. You may also change your cookie settings using the consent management tool on our Services. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from SnapFeedback by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
We store information we collect for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. We store your audio and video information, including information derived therefrom, in accordance with our internal policies, but in no case for longer than 2 years. For paid accounts, we will store your data until you (i) stop paying, or (ii) request that we delete some or all of your data.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN EUROPE
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data. For details on your rights and how to exercise them, please see the “Additional Disclosures for Individuals in Europe” section above.